Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Now What?

Since given the "all clear" from the oncologist, I was thrilled and giddy with the news.  After about a week later I began to wonder what next? As I mentioned in an earlier post, my career was cut short. So I began to search various job sites for a potentially ideal position for me.  Well...that hasn't produced much. The first, was back in October while I was in the middle of AC chemo.  What I on drugs???? Obviously, yes I was.  Needless to say, I wasn't in tip top form (mentally or physically), but at least I can say I gave it the ole college try!

The second interview was a disaster!  The Indeed.com posting was for a Marketing Director to manager 130 stores.  Sounded perfect for me.  So I shot off the resume and the next day received a call from HR for an interview.  Everything sounded legit.  Friday, I was professionally dressed, resume in my lucky Coach tote, and drove to the interview. The first thing I noticed once I entered the lobby of the building, was the company was not listed on the directory.  Suite 300 was located on the third floor, so as I left the elevator, I noticed the Suite 300 placard did not have the company's name (the 2nd red flag).  I entered the suite and asked the receptionist if I was in the right location and that I had an interview with "Joshua".  I was told I was correct and to have a seat.  As I sat and waited, I noticed the busyness of the office.  Middle-aged men and women, dressed business causal, wandered across the lobby.  Although I had noticed red flag warning, as this sight, I thought it's legit.

The 3rd red flag warning: Josh finally arrived and led the way out of the suite, pass the elevators, around a corner to a door with a key pad. He entered a code, and I followed him into a generic-looking office.

4th red flag:  As we began the interview, it was obvious, this was some sort of pyramid scheme. What a waste of my time and effort!  I got out of that place in a hurry.

Even though I did my research, i.e. googling Joshua and researching the company's website top to down, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

So now I'm at a point in my life that I'm questioning what my next move should be?  Continue researching for a job? Stay at home and manage the house? Write a novel? Do needlepoint? In a nutshell, I feel cheated. The position that I loved and did well, was snatched away. How do I move pass this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment