Thursday, March 10, 2016

Radiation

I'm now into my second week of radiation.  While the treatments are so much easier than chemo, it is a bit of a pain to make the daily commute to the hospital.  Radiation treatments take up 30 minutes.  The techs line the machine up with my tiny dot tattoos and then the fun begins.  First up are two different angles xrays.  Then the machine begins the rad treatments.  It begins on my left and ends underneath my back.  Each blasts normally ranges anywhere from 6 seconds to 20 seconds in duration.

While I question the number of treatments I'll be receiving (33 in all). When I questioned my Radiology Oncologist regarding the rationale behind so many, he replied the density of breast tissues make up the personalized treatments (big boobs).  I realize the rads are killing off any residue cancer cells.  But I also wish I had smaller breasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment